Saturday, September 17th is International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) Day! Join thousands of people around the world removing trash from local beaches by participating in an ICC event or organizing your own.
These aren’t just your ordinary cleanups – we will be recording the types of trash we find. This is invaluable data that will help inform global policy and practical solutions to the global problem of marine trash.
Participating Puget Sound locations are listed below. Please note, these sites are the only public sites available. Other cleanups will be happening at different locations on this day but these Beach Captains will be bringing their small private groups.
ICC Event Signups
- Bainbridge Island Beach Cleanup, Bainbridge (10 am–1 pm, multiple locations) – Beach Captain: Sustainable Bainbridge
- Registration (scroll down to bottom of the page): BI Beach Cleanup: 2022 Bainbridge Island Beach Cleanup (signupgenius.com)
- Brackett’s Landing North, Edmonds (10am-12pm) – Beach Captain: Sno-King Marine Mammal Response
- Des Moines Marina, Des Moines (8am-4pm) – Beach Captain: SR3 and Seattle Dive Tours
- Registration: https://seattledivetours.com/calendar/travelandevent/
- Golden Gardens Park, Seattle (9 – 11 am) – Beach Captain: Ren
- Heron’s Nest, Seattle (10am-2pm) – Beach Captain: Puget Soundkeeper
- Registration: https://secure.everyaction.com/oP2zwfiI90yXNLDk0liVKA2
- Richmond Beach Saltwater Park, Shoreline (10 am – 1 pm) – Beach Captain: Shannon
- Lincoln Park, Seattle (10:30 am – 12:30 pm)– Beach Captain: Puget Soundkeeper
- Seahurst Park, Burien (10am-12pm) – Beach Captain: Environmental Science Center
Prepare for the big day by downloading the CleanSwell app to record your data! Hard copies of data cards are also available.
Interested in hosting your own ICC cleanup? Puget Soundkeeper also celebrates International Coastal Cleanup during the months of September and October! Please email email@example.com to find how you can organize a Host Your Own cleanup for ICC.
Curious about what we have found in years past? Read the 2021 Puget Sound ICC Report!
Map of Event Locations
**Note: We recently updated our COVID-19 event policy! Please review the new policy below for the most up to date information.**
This is an outdoor event. Please carefully review the following requirements and suggestions, designed to keep our community safe:
- At the event check-in table, physical or digital proof of vaccination is required OR proof of a negative same day or within-24-hour COVID test may take the place of a vaccination requirement.
- Masking is encouraged when not eating and drinking. For unvaccinated guests, masking is required when not eating or drinking.
- If you or anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19, if you’ve been exposed to Covid-19, or have experienced Covid-19-like symptoms in the past 10 days, please consider not attending the event.
Safety is our top priority. If expected conditions pose significant risk to volunteers and staff, we will cancel the event. If we need to cancel, we will contact you as soon as possible. Please make sure that the email and phone number you use in your registration are correct so we can contact you.
If you are no longer able to attend an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, we ask for at least 24 hours notice. This will ensure that we have time to recruit new volunteers if needed.
Contact Gillian at Gillian@pugetsoundkeeper.org or call (206) 297-7002 x107 if you have further questions!