Saturday, September 17th is the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup Day! Organizations throughout Puget Sound are working together to host shoreline cleanups throughout the region. Together, we will document the types of debris entering our waterways in an effort to inform practical solutions to the global problem of marine trash.
Cleanups will be conducted at the following locations in Puget Sound on Saturday, September 17th:
- Seattle – Alki and West Seattle hosted by Puget Soundkeeper
- Seattle – Centennial and Myrtle Edwards Park hosted by Puget Soundkeeper
- Seattle – Golden Gardens hosted by the Ballard Windermere office
- Renton – Gene Coulon Park hosted by the Renton Sailing Center
- Burien – Seahurst Park hosted by the Environmental Science Center
- Tacoma – Point Defiance hosted by Point Defiance Marina
- Bainbridge Island – multiple locations and multiple participating organizations!
- Port Townsend – multiple beaches hosted by the Port Townsend Marine Science Center
- Bremerton – multiple locations hosted by the City of Bremerton
Washington CoastSavers has organized dozens of cleanups along the outer coast for this project. Find a cleanup location on the outer coast here.
Email Kathryn with questions or to add a cleanup to the list near you!