Join Puget Soundkeeper on Saturday, August 27th for a Seattle Summer Cleanup Series (SSCS) at Fremont Canal Park and Lake Union! SSCS is a series of events focused on removing hundreds of pounds of debris from Seattle’s urban waters.
On August 27th, we will be cleaning up Seattle by foot and kayak! We will provide you with all the supplies you need, and kayak volunteers do not need any prior experience. More information and registration for each activity below!
Please sign up for only ONE cleanup activity. Space is limited and you can only register one person at a time.
1. Fremont Canal Park Walking Cleanup
- Time: 10 am – 12 pm
- Location: Tentatively scheduled for Fremont Canal Park. Participants will be notified if the location changes.
- Registration: Seattle Summer Cleanup Series – August Walking Cleanup (everyaction.com)
2. FULL!! – Lake Union Kayak Patrol
- Time: 10 am – 12 pm
- Location: Northwest Outdoor Center
- Waitlist: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the waitlist!
Thank you for your continued support and understanding! Contact Jessica@pugetsoundkeeper.org if you have further questions about the event.
**Note: We recently updated our COVID-19 event policy! Please review the new policy below for the most up to date information.**
This is an outdoor event. Please carefully review the following requirements and suggestions, designed to keep our community safe:
- At the event check-in table, physical or digital proof of vaccination is required OR proof of a negative same day or within-24-hour COVID test may take the place of a vaccination requirement.
- Masking is encouraged when not eating and drinking. For unvaccinated guests, masking is required when not eating or drinking.
- If you or anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19, if you’ve been exposed to Covid-19, or have experienced Covid-19-like symptoms in the past 10 days, please consider not attending the event.
Safety is our top priority. If expected conditions pose significant risk to volunteers and staff, we will cancel the event. If we need to cancel, we will contact you as soon as possible. Please make sure that the email and phone number you use in your registration are correct so we can contact you.
If you are no longer able to attend an event, please email email@example.com. If possible, we ask for at least 24 hours notice. This will ensure that we have time to recruit new volunteers if needed.
Contact Jessica at Jessica@pugetsoundkeeper.org or call (206) 297-7002 x108 if you have further questions!