Puget Soundkeeper (Soundkeeper) seeks applicants for a full time, non-exempt Administrative Assistant position. This position serves as the receptionist for a non-profit office, answering phones, monitoring staff calendars and meetings and ensuring a smoothly-run working environment for all. The person filling this position will be called upon to assist and represent the Operations Director in a wide range of organizational tasks with the goal of maximizing operations and office processes that allow our staff to function with efficiency and effectiveness.
Puget Soundkeeper’s mission is to protect and preserve the waters of Puget Sound. Soundkeeper works to meaningfully decrease pollutants reaching the Sound by monitoring water quality, improving policies and regulations, preventing pollution and cleaning up our local waterways. The succesful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to this work and will be called upon to intellegently discuss Soundkeeper’s programs and to represent the organization through initial interactions with donors, vendors, agencies and collaborating organizations when speaking with them on the phone and in the office. This position will require working at the Soundkeeper office between 8:30 am and 5 pm for a Monday through Friday work week. This is a full-time position with paid holidays, vacation and sick time accrual, medical and dental insurance and an employee-funded 403(b) plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive visitors, phone calls and mail; route to staff as necessary
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Monitor office calendars for monthly, weekly and daily schedules
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings and compile agenda items
- Assist Operations Director with Board communications
- Manage Board Dashboard and coordinate monthly Key Measures data collection from staff
- Compile Key Measures data for Board meetings
- Create check requests for A/P, enter bills into QuickBooks and reconcile monthly Profit & Loss Statement with reporting from DonorPerfect database
- Record credit card transactions in QuickBooks and reconcile monthly statements
- Record and reconcile monthly transactions from various donation sources
- Compile incoming grant data for Development, Program and Accounting staff
- Monitor office environment and maintain tidiness of conference room and common areas
- Coordinate with building site coordinator as needed
- Assist Operations Director with scheduling, general office communications and other projects as needed
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong personal skills with an ability to clearly communicate in person, over the phone and in writing, with professional and friendly etiquette
- Customer-service focused with staff and visitors
- Independent self-starter who works well in an open work setting
- Attention to detail, even while multi-tasking, able to greet and welcome visitors during the work day and return to tasks and projects put on hold
- Ability to follow through and complete projects
- Experience with standard Microsoft office software
- Passionate about protecting the environment
Training and Supervision:
On-the-job training will be provided to familiarize the Administrative Assistant with existing protocols, projects and programs. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Operations Director.
This full time, non-exempt position offers an hourly rate of $18.00 an hour. Benefits include 10 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance and an employee-funded 403(b) plan.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to 130 Nickerson Street, Ste 107, Seattle, WA 98109. Please use Administrative Assistant Position in the subject line or address. All applicants will be reviewed. Please no phone calls.
This position is open until filled.